Renovating your home should be a positive experience, enjoyable and free from worry and stress. You should have full confidence in your renovator and know that you are getting the best. That’s why you should look for a RENOMARK™ renovator as your assurance that you have hired a professional who will provide high quality services.
The RENOMARK™ program is nationally sanctioned by the Canadian Home Builders’ Association and has been adopted by local associations coast to coast. Central to the entire RENOMARK™ program is the renovation-specific Code of Conduct designed to benefit and protect you- the homeowner.
Ask about the renovator’s experience with projects similar to yours. We recommend that you get the names of homeowners who have had equivalent work done and ask them about their experience.
NHBA is committed to creating positive community awareness for the renovation industry by encouraging homeowners to do their research and make educated decisions.
Only members of the Niagara Home Builders’ Association are eligible to display the RENOMARK™ symbol.
RENOMARK™ renovators undertake to …
- Be a member in good standing of the Niagara Home Builders Association (NHBA).
- Abide by the NHBA CODE OF ETHICS
- Provide a detailed, written contract/scope of work for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair).
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education.
- Maintain a safe and organized work site.
- Return phone calls within two business days.
For a RENOMARK™ Renovator near you visit www.renomark.ca/NiagaraArea